LINE Biz Club (LBC) Terms and Conditions
LINE Biz Club (LBC) Terms and Conditions
These LINE Biz Club (LBC) Terms and Conditions set forth the conditions for use of the LBC service provided by LINE Taiwan Limited and its affiliates (collectively, hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) to Members (as defined below) in association with LINE Official Account service (hereinafter referred to as the “LINE Official Account”) which are used or operated by such Members. By starting to use the Service, Member is deemed to have been duly and fully authorized by the owner of the LINE Official Account (hereinafter referred to as the “Customer”) to which such Member serves as Admin (as defined below) that such Member has the right, power and authority to agree to this Terms and enroll in the LBC, and is deemed to have read and consented to these Terms and agree to all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time by “LINE Biz Club” (provided within “LINE 商家報” Official Account), each of which is incorporated by reference and each of which may be updated by the Company from time to time without notice. Members further agree that any electronic/internet transactions processed or completed on this service be fully and legally enforceable and binding upon the parties in accordance with the relevant laws.
1.1 “Agreement” or “Terms” means LINE Biz Club (LBC) Terms and Conditions.
1.2 “Admin” means any individual person(s) who is assigned, designated with administrator authority on the LINE Official Account Manager (https://manager.line.biz) to manage a LINE Official Account.
1.3 “Campaign” means any promotional campaign posted by the Company for redemption by the Member on behalf of the Customer within the time set by the Company and subject to each Campaign’s terms and conditions.
1.4 “LINE Account” means an account registered by users for using LINE Messaging Application.
1.5 “LINE Biz Club” or “Service” means the membership program provided by LINE Biz Club (provided within “LINE 商家報” Official Account) made available for Admins of certain Official Accounts as designated by the Company.
1.6 “Member” or “LBC Member” means Admins of certain Official Accounts who are qualified based on the criteria under these Terms, and thereby eligible to enjoy LINE Biz Club’s privilege. Each LINE Official Account may have more than one Admin to be qualified as Member subject to these Terms.
1.7 “System” means the LINE Biz Club system as well as database and functions of “LINE Biz Club” (provided within “LINE 商家報” Official Account) / the website / LINE Front-end Framework (LIFF) or other systems related to LINE Biz Club.
1.8 “New Member” means the Admin of a LINE Official Account to join LINE Biz Club. This includes individuals who have either completed the registration for the first time or Member who re-register LINE Biz Club after 180 days since cancellation of their original membership, and will remain as New Member for a period of up to 30 days.
1.9 “Welcome Gift” means an entitlement that may be claimed upon meeting the criteria for New Member. For each Official Account, only the first Admin is eligible for the Welcome Gift pursuant to the terms and conditions published by LINE Biz Club.
2.1 The Service and Campaign are currently available to and accessible by the Member, among other criteria, who is the Admin of a LINE Official Account in a free package or paid package either paid via online channel at LINE Official Account Manager or LINE Official Account Android Application (“Online Account”), or the Admin of other Official Accounts designated by the Company (“Special Account”). For the avoidance of doubt, the Company has sole discretion to determine the scope of Online Account and Special Account.
2.2 By using the Service, Members agree that the rights to collect and redeem any privileges, rewards or any other benefits under LBC belong to the Customers. Members enroll in the LBC membership for the sole purpose of managing the benefits under the Service that will be granted to the Customer who owns the Official Accounts, including but not limited to participation in each Campaigns for the benefit of the Official Account and the Customer.
2.3 By using this Service, Members are deemed to have been duly and fully authorized by the Customer of the same Official Account to collect and redeem any privileges, rewards or any other benefits that comes from the membership of LBC on behalf of the Customer. Hence, any and all privileges, rewards or any other benefits successfully collected or redeemed by the Members will be deemed to have been received by the Customer instead of individual Admins.
2.4 Members shall not use or in any other way dispose of the privileges, rewards, or any other benefits under LBC of the Customer as properties of their own. The management, use or disposal of the privileges, rewards or any other benefits under the LBC that have been received by the Customer should be subject to the Customer’s determination, principle, or guidelines (if any).
2.5 The Company does not explicitly or implicitly warrant that there exist no actual or legal defects related to the Service (including, but not limited to, defects related to safety, reliability, accuracy, completeness, effectiveness, fitness for particular purpose, security, or the like, errors, bugs, infringement of rights, etc.). In case of malfunction of the System and/or the Service resulting in loss of database, information, reward, membership of any other rights or benefits of the Members and/or the Customers, the LBC Member (and on behalf of the Customers) hereby explicitly and fully release LINE Biz Club and/or the Company from any and all liabilities or losses of the privilege in all respects. Any decision made by LINE Biz Club and/or the Company with respect to the LBC Member status and Customers’ privilege is final, and the Member, on behalf of the Customers, agree with such decision without any objection.
2.6 LINE Biz Club shall not assume any responsibility for any damage caused to Members, Customers, and/or Official Accounts arising from use by the Members of this Service; provided, however, that the same shall not apply to damage caused due to willful misconduct or gross negligence of LINE Biz Club. In such case, LINE’s total cumulative liability in connection with the Service, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, shall not exceed the value of the total fees for Applicable LINE Service (defined in Article 4.1 below) of such Official Account in the month the damage was caused.
3.1 A user must add friends to LINE Biz Club Official Account (provided within “LINE 商家報” Official Account), complete registration process of the LBC, and provide required personal information for registration to be qualified as LBC Member.
3.2 To be able to qualify as a LBC Member, such Member must be an Admin of a LINE Official Account with the conditions below:
(1) LINE Official Accounts created in Taiwan territory, and must meet the eligibility criteria for Online Account and Special Account.
3.3 Member will only be able to review their LINE Official Account in LINE Biz Club which such Member has administrator authority. If administrator authority in the registered LINE Official Account was changed/removed, the LBC membership of such removed Admin will be cancelled, but the LINE Official Account shall still be qualified according to the Tier as per spending (please refer to 4. Star Accumulation of Official Account and Rewards Collection/Redemption below).
3.4 LINE Biz Club reserves the right to accept or decline any new enrollment or to cancel or suspend a LINE Biz Club’s collection of privilege at any time without reason.
3.5 LINE Biz Club reserves the right to terminate any Member's enrollment, collection of privilege, or joining Campaign at any time without prior notice, in case that LINE Biz Club deemed that such Member’s LINE Account is activated or used by fraudulent or implied fraudulent intent or with other undue or illegal grounds.
3.6 If a Member cannot follow these terms and conditions or LINE Biz Club believes on reasonable ground that the Member or the Customer does not comply with these Terms, LINE Biz Club, in its sole discretion, has the right to do the followings immediately without any liability or prior notice to the Member or the Customer; (A) suspend or discard such Member’s LINE Biz Club membership; (B) cancel or restore the rights or benefits provided to the Customer, including forfeit/invalidate collected Star; (C) suspend the Member’s access to the LINE Biz Club.
3.7 LBC Member status has no monetary value in nature and is not redeemable for cash in any circumstances.
3.8 LBC Members may cancel membership by themselves, which will be effective within 5 business days. If a user (pre-Member) re-register for LBC membership after confirmation of membership cancellation, information of collected or redeemed privileges before the cancellation will not be shown in “My Reward” page. In case that a LBC Member cancel his/her membership for a period exceeding 180 days, he/she will be considered as a New Member within 30 days following their re-registration.
4. Star Accumulation of Official Account and Rewards Collection/Redemption
4.1 Star Accumulation of Official Account
(1) “Applicable LINE Services”: LINE Official Account and other LINE services which are linked to that LINE Official Account, including “Additional Messages”, “OA CPF”, or any other LINE services which may be announced by LINE from time to time.
(2) Star collection threshold for LINE Official Account: 1 Star can be collected from every 100 TWD fees (including VAT) spent on Applicable LINE services. The spending which is paid successfully in each month shall be converted into Star on the 15th of the following month based on the actual month of service usage. In case of late payment, the system will calculate those late payments according to Tier-changing schedule. Any spending with decimal fractions will be rounded down.
(3) Tiers: Each LINE Official Account under the management of LBC Member will be divided into 4 Tiers:
- Accumulated Stars from 0 Star will be in Green Tier (綠級).
- Accumulated Stars from 1 – 35 Stars will be in Bronze Tier (銅級).
- Accumulated Stars from 36 – 299 Stars will be in Silver Tier (銀級).
- Accumulated Stars from 300 Stars and above will be in Gold Tier (金級).
(4) Collection period: In each 3-month period (“Quarter”), Stars shall be accumulated to determine Tier for the next Quarter. LINE Official Account shall be upgraded to the upper Tier in the following Quarter (Starting from the 15th of the first month of each Quarter) after reaching minimum Stars in the upper Tier. In any case, the accumulated Stars shall not be carried over to the next Quarter. Example:
- Upgrade: If the Official Account “Brown Café” is Green Tier in Quarter 1: Jan – Mar, and the “Brown Café” has collected Stars up to 100 Stars during Quarter 1, then such Official Account will turn to Silver Tier on 15th Apr in Quarter 2: April – Jun and stay until 14th Jul.
- Downgrade: If the Official Account “Cony’s Restaurant” is Gold Tier in Quarter 2: April – Jun , and the “Cony's Restaurant” has collected Stars up to 35 Stars during Quarter 2, then such Official Account will turn to Bronze Tier in Jul and stay until 14th Oct.
(6) These criteria/conditions are subject to any promotional events/Campaign as may be provided by LINE Biz Club from time to time.
4.2 Reward Collection
(1) Campaign: The LBC Member is eligible for rewards according to such LINE Official Account’s Tier and pursuant to qualification criteria provided in the terms and conditions in each Campaign. From the LBC homepage, the LBC Member will be able to select the rewards he/she wishes to collect. Click on “Collect” for the reward and choose the Official Account that LBC Member wish to collect it on behalf of. Finally, click on “Use Now” or “Save to My Reward.” If “Save to My Reward” is chosen, the system will store the reward in “My Reward.”
- Based on the terms of each Campaign or rewards, rewards may be subject to limitations on the quantity that each Official Account can claim determined by LBC. Consequently, for the same Official Account, not every Member may be eligible to collect rewards that are granted to such Official Account. Member who fails to collect rewards due to any reasons may not claim against LBC.
- Users who meet the definition of New Member are entitled to receive a Welcome Gift. Each Official Account is eligible for this benefit on a one-time basis only. If a LINE Official Account has more than 1 Admin, only the first Admin who has completed the membership registration process to become a LBC Member and who collects the Welcome gift from LBC will be granted the Welcome Gift.
(2) Mission Campaign: The LBC Members who join certain Mission Campaign will be able to collect rewards or accumulate extra Stars for the Official Accounts of the Customers after completing the designated mission as provided in the terms and conditions of each Campaign.
(3) In case that a Member has cancelled LBC membership, the rewards that such Member has successfully collected on behalf of the Customer but not yet redeemed will be deleted, and such user (pre-Member) may not be able to redeem reward as previously collected on behalf of the Customer. Moreover, other Members who are the Admins of the same Official Account will not be able to collect the reward previously collected by the cancelled Member either, since at the moment that the cancelled Member collected the reward, the Customer has been deemed to have collected such reward. And if such user re-register for LBC membership and becomes a Member again, such Member shall not be able to collect or redeem the same reward as previously collected, since such reward has been deleted when the Member cancelled his/ger membership.
4.3 Reward Redemption
(1) The Campaign for redemption will be created and posted by LINE Biz Club so that the LBC Member may redeem the designated rewards under specific requirements and conditions specified by LINE Biz Club. As a result, it is the LBC Member's sole responsibility to study and understand the specific requirements and conditions for redemption of rewards. LINE Biz Club and the Company shall be in no way responsible for any damages arising from Member's misunderstanding of contents or requirements and conditions of the Campaign. Non-redeemed, expired reward shall be void and may be deleted from the LBC Member’s account. LINE Biz Club is not required to notify the Member of reward expiration.
(2) Once the LBC Member clicks redemption for rewards on behalf of the Customer, the System will check and verify if the LBC Member has met the criteria/condition for redeeming such rewards. In case the rewards redemption request is confirmed, such rewards redemption will appear in “My Reward” page.
(3) Request for rewards redemption cannot be cancelled by LBC Member. In addition, no rewards refund is allowed for any reason whatsoever.
(4) LINE Biz Club has the right to cancel the redemption request at any time due to typographical or unforeseen errors that result in the Campaign or rewards on the system being listed inaccurately.
(5) LINE Biz Club does not warrant any qualification, suitability, safety characteristic or any other specification of the rewards redeemed by LBC Member.
(6) The Service and the benefits thereof are provided for use of the Customers and their Official Accounts, and must not be assigned, resold, or transferred with or without commercial purposes.
5. Modification of the Terms and Conditions
LINE Biz Club may modify the Terms and the nature of the Service, by providing Members with an announcement or notification to such effect, as needed based on LINE Biz Club’s sole discretion as deemed material or necessary or pursuant to the applicable laws. In case that Members have continued to use LINE Biz Club following a modification, such Members shall be deemed to have consented to such modification of the Terms and the nature of the Service. However, if there are any changes made to the Terms which will adversely affected Member’s right and as LINE Biz Club deemed necessary, LINE Biz Club will make such announcement in advance via LINE Biz Club (provided within “LINE 商家報” Official Account) .
6. Governing Law, and Jurisdiction
The Terms shall be governed by the laws of Republic of China (Taiwan) without reference to principles of conflict of law. Any and all disputes related to LINE Biz Club between LINE and Members shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Taiwan Shilin District Court.
Date of Establishment: Feb 1st 2024